Webex® Desk Camera is a premium USB web camera that provides high-quality video and audio for video conferencing, video streaming, and video recording.
Above: Office worker using a Webex Desk Camera for a video call
It brings superior video up to 4k, high-quality microphone audio, intelligent AI-based features, IT device management no matter where you are.
The Webex Desk Camera is a 4K USB desk camera that can be connected to a personal computer over USB and mounted onto an external monitor, laptop, or tripod. It is compatible with all popular meeting or video applications and enables laptop-based video conferencing anywhere. It brings uncompromised video collaboration experience in open and huddle spaces for office users. It is also ideal for working from home users. The Webex Desk Camera fulfills the following use cases:
● Upgrade video: Upgrades an existing laptop camera to high quality video for heavy video and meeting users
● Instant office: Office or home working users with laptop docked to existing independent monitor, Webex Desk Camera provides outstanding video and superior dual microphones, more akin to room video and audio standards
● Creation and Broadcast: for users broadcasting or creating basic video content who need a quality camera
● Online Education: for students, teachers who need to join online classes and do not have access to a room or desk system
Powered by the Webex® app, the Webex Desk Camera is a fully managed IT asset with centralized device management and insights. It also offers a Webex Desk Camera app for any Windows or MacOS users to do professional camera settings, firmware upgrade and troubleshooting.
Features and benefits
Table 1. Features and benefits
4K ultra HD video
● Provides superior video with outstanding clarity, rich colors, great smoothness, superb resolution and frame rate
● Enables uncompromised video collaboration from any space
● Excellent video quality in all lighting conditions
● Helps users always look the best on video calls
● Brings peace of mind by fast, clear and perfectly sharp focus
● Select the field of view appropriate for your environment
Built-in privacy shutter
● Shutter controls the video streaming on and off to ensure the complete privacy as needed.
● Video turns off completely via a software switch (rather than only covering your camera lens)
● Offers high quality microphone audio via 2x omni-directional microphone with background noise reduction
Face detection and recognition
● Certifies with Windows Hello and allows secure facial recognition login through the IR sensor
● Powers admin-controlled workplace occupancy detection* through human detection and face detection
Multiple connection and mounting options
● Includes both USB C-to-A and USB C-to-C cables for flexible PC connection
● Multiple placement options with the camera clip and the tripod screw thread
Webex Desk Camera is designed for the changing workplace that has a high demand of laptop-based video conferencing for open and huddle space office users and working from home users. The device management and utilization tracking are essential to IT departments.
This single consistent device management experience is available on Control Hub to all Cisco collaboration devices including Webex Desk Camera.
Table 2. Webex Desk Camera management features
Enables easy device management for administrators on Control Hub
Reports device inventory to Control Hub via the WebexApp
Supports firmware upgrade and troubleshooting through web-based Cisco Accessory Hub
The Webex Desk Camera is designed to work on Windows and MacOS PC as a standard video device. It is compatible with any Cisco or non-Cisco meeting applications. With more camera controls and features integrated into the Webex App, Webex Meetings, and Cisco Jabber, it gets the best Cisco-on-Cisco integration when working together with the Cisco soft clients.
Table 3. Platform support
Supports the following Cisco desktop applications on Windows and Mac OS
● Webex App
● Webex Meetings App
● Cisco Jabber
3rd party applications
Compatible with all popular meeting or video applications (including Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Zoom, Google Meet and Google Hangouts, BlueJeans, Slack, FaceTime, etc.)